Texas A&M University-San Antonio was created to address an educational need in South San Antonio. The Texas Legislature asked The Texas A&M University System to establish a center that would offer junior- and senior-level courses in South San Antonio, an area that has been historically underserved in terms of higher education. The university, then known as Texas A&M University-Kingsville System Center-San Antonio, was approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board in January 2000. On May 23, 2009, Gov. Rick Perry signed Senate Bill 629 that created Texas A&M-San Antonio as a stand-alone university.
A&M-San Antonio used surveys and research from a variety of sources to determine the types of programs most in demand in the area.
- View the University mission statement >
- Chronological view of the University's history >
- Assuring comprehensive and active communication throughout the University >
- View the transfer plans and degrees offered for undergraduates >
- View the graduate programs >
- View our University's five-year Strategic Plan >
- Map and directions to University locations are available here >
- View the University alma mater >
- View the University student anthem >
- View the time capsule content list (.pdf) >
Please do not hesitate to contact the University should you have any questions or require more information about the center or its programs:
For accreditation purposes, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges has provided the following statement:
Texas A&M University-Kingsville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Texas A&M University-San Antonio is part of Texas A&M University-Kingsville and is currently seeking separate accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas A&M University-San Antonio.