Office of Admissions
Apply for Admissions:
- Complete the online application for admission for the Texas A&M-San Antonio at www.applytexas.org.
- Submit official transcripts from all prior universities or colleges attended, as well as military transcripts. Transcripts should not be more than one year old from the print date on the transcript.
- Transcripts should be sent to:
Texas A&M-San Antonio
Attn: Admissions Office
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
- Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to specific departments. The College of Business, College of Arts & Sciences and the College of Education have separate specific admission requirements.
- Please allow a two week turn around period. Pay $15 application fee.
Spring 2013 Semester-January 10
Summer I 2013 Semester June 1
Summer II 2013 Semester-July 1
Fall 2013 Semester- August 20
Please note: No applications will be accepted after the deadline dates.
- Submit all transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must not be over one year old from the print date.
- Completion of 45 academic transferable hours
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must be able to return to all previously attended schools
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements must be met
Admission Requirements - Transient Students:
Transient students are ones that are wishing to attend TAMU-SA for one semester only (normally during the Summer term).
- Student must submit official transcript from the most recently attended institution. This institution must reflect having at least 45 cumulative hours (transfer hours included), a 2.0 cumulative GPA, and eligibility of student to return to this institution. If most recently attended institution does not reflect this information, student must then submit official transcripts of all institutions attended.
- Student must reflect TSI complete status and provide adequate documentation of such.
(Note: Students applying as Transient students to the TAMU-SA will only be eligible to take courses at the TAMU-SA campus. If students wish to take courses through other A&M campuses, they must apply directly to their campus.)
TAMU-SA and Alamo Colleges have created the TEAMSA program, designed to facilitate degree completion for AC students who have chosen to pursue a Bachelor's degree at the Texas A&M System campus in San Antonio.
The program streamlines the transfer of credit between the institutions as students complete both an Associate's degree at an AC campus and a Bachelor's degree at TAMU-SA.
The program supports both traditional transfer from the community college to the university level as well as offers a co-enrollment option for students.
On hand to sign the agreement formalizing the program were Texas A&M University Chancellor Dr. Michael D. McKinney, M.D., Alamo Community Colleges Chancellor Dr. Bruce H. Leslie, and TAMU-SA President Dr. Maria Hernandez Ferrier.
- Currently or have attended an Alamo College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Completed 30+ Hours at an Alamo College (Please note, vocational or technical courses do not count towards these hours)
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements must be met (must be college ready, not in developmental courses)
In addition to International students, the International Student Services Office (ISSO) processes students with foreign transcripts or that are classified as Non-Citizens.
These students should contact Melissa Villanueva, International Student Services Admissions Specialist, at (210) 784-1377 or Melissa.Villanueva@tamusa.tamus.edu for information.
Admissions Phone: (210) 784-1300