Welcome to Texas A&M University-San Antonio's Information Technology Services
The Information Technology Services (ITS) group, under the leadership of the Chief Information Officicer, is responsible for designing, deploying, managing, supporting and maintaining all technology based resources for our Students, Faculty and Staff.
Our goal is to provide an innovative, customer-focused, and robust foundation for information technology solutions that enable the university community to pursue excellence in research, education, and public service. We seek to establish trust with our customers through professionalism, honest and open dialogue, high quality customer service, and a commitment to partnership and collaboration.
ITS engages with and works in collaboration and partnership with the campus and its stakeholders through a established governance framework consisting of the following:
- TAMU-SA Executive team (ET)
- President’s Leadership Council (PLC)
- Information Technology Advisory Council (ITAC)
- Staff Council
- Academic Leadership (Provost, Deans and Faculty Senate)
Below is the broad group of services that ITS is fully responsible for:
- end user computing platforms
- networking and communications infrastructure providing internal and external connectivity
- systems infrastructure supporting enterprise applications, storage, communications and collaboration platforms, virtual platforms, directory services (LDAP, AD)
- data management and provisioning services
- academic, classroom and instructional design
- audio/video systems
- end user support including ITS Helpdesk, training and documentation
- consulting services including requirements gathering, needs analysis, evaluation and testing of resources, recommendation of solutions.
ITS is organized into four large groups as described below:
- Application Services: Responsible for managing enterprise wide applications and the data needs of the campus
- Infrastructure Services: Responsible for implementing, managing and maintaining server platforms and networking/communications infrastructure
- User Services: Responsible for providing assistance, training and support for general ITS and classroom technologies
- Academic Technology: Responsible for providing assistance, Faculty training and support, and instructional design assistance