WELCOME TO THE TEACHER PREPARATION &
CERTIFICATION CENTER (TPCC)
Texas A&M University-San Antonio's School of Education & Kinesiology is committed to educational
opportunities toward the completion of baccalaureate and graduate degree programs in San Antonio.
Located on the south side of the city, the School of Education and Kinesiology is committed to serving
the needs of the region by preparing qualified professionals to assume positions of responsibility and
leadership in a global society.
The Teacher Preparation and Certification Center (TPCC) program is field residency and
conducted at accredited public or private school sites. Certification areas include:
- Elementary- EC-6 Generalist, EC-6 Bilingual, 4-8 Generalist, 4-8 Content areas, and ESL endorsements
- Secondary - Specific content areas such as Math, Composite Science, Composite Social Studies, Biology, etc.
- All Level - Physical Education and Special Education
The goals of the Teacher Preparation program are to:
- Link theory to practice
- Develop awareness and skills of teaching as a reflective process
- Develop knowledge and skills of the teachers as decision makers within a learner-centered
- Develop proficiency in classroom management and assessment
- Develop, implement and integrate pedagogy and content knowledge
- Exhibit professionalism among all participants in the school setting
- Develop a desire for lifelong learning
- Support beginning teachers in a way that encourages continuance in the profession
Goal 1: Academic Access
- To construct a seamless pipeline of post-secondary education through clear-cut articulation of
policies and programs
- To facilitate the transfer of academic college credits toward completion of baccalaureate degrees
- To expand the education career opportunities of under-served, culturally diverse populations in
Goal 2: Educational Excellence
- To develop diverse and innovative academic programs with a high degree of quality and relevance
- To promote both the life-long educational and professional achievement of individuals as well as
contribute to the social, cultural, and economic development of the community
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
|Questions or comments about the TPCC site?
Contact the TPCC webmaster at: email@example.com
Last update: 3/13/2013
TPCC Email: TPCC@tamusa.tamus.edu